If you have purchased the item online, it is preferable to return this to our Freepost address as our in store staff cannot refund items bought online.
You have the right to cancel your order made online or over the telephone within a ‘cooling off’ period of 14 days from the day after you receive the goods. Fortnum & Mason, however, has extended this right to 30 days from the date of receipt.
If you wish to return your purchase, please email Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44 (0)20 7734 8040 with the order number quoted on the delivery note. You will be given instructions about where to return the goods.
The Freepost address to return any items is as follows:
Please ensure that you include the original paperwork or, if this is no longer available, please include a note with your name, contact details, order number and the reason for the return. Items must be returned in their original packaging and must be complete, including electrical accessories and manuals where applicable.
Please note that we do not accept the return of the following items:
- Unsealed consumables/beverages
- Fresh food items or consumables/beverages with a short shelf life
- Food items that have been purchased at a discount due to a short shelf life
- Hampers or gift boxes containing unsealed consumables/beverages, fresh food items or consumables/beverages with a short shelf life
- Unsealed perfume, beauty or make-up products
- Earrings for pierced ears
- Bespoke or personalised items
- Items that cannot be returned for hygiene reasons such as razors and brushes
When the goods have been confirmed as received and checked by our warehouse, you will be contacted by a customer service agent to process a refund for the goods. Please note that returning the goods to us is your responsibility and that if you have chosen not to use our Freepost address or to pay delivery costs for the return, we are not under any obligation to pay for any costs that you have incurred in returning the products to us.
If you still wish to return items from an online order to one of our stores, please bring them suitably packaged along with the original paperwork to the store and explain that this is a return related to an online order. A refund is not possible in the store for orders made online or over the telephone, and you will need to wait for our Customer Services Department to get in touch.