We are working with our supply chain to ensure we remove all single use plastic from our own label packaging both in retail and hospitality by 2022. Where we can, we are removing plastic completely and where required (where we need to protect freshness or flavour) we are working to replace it with an alternative material such as clear film made from plants and not petroleum. This means it can be collected with food waste or home composted. We have already implemented exciting changes, from removing plastic straws and banning the use of plastic water bottles in our restaurants and bars to stopping the use of protective plastic nets and swapping plastic trays in our picnic and salad ranges to home compostable alternatives, and we will continue our plastic overhaul to ensure we remove plastic completely or replace it with an alternative material. Currently over 70% of our teabags have moved over to a plastic-free tea bag made from cornstarch and by the end of 2019 this will be 94% of the range. Please refer to our website for more details on Fortnum & Mason’s corporate social responsibility policies: https://www.fortnumandmason.com/information/corporate-responsibility
Questions in this section
- Are the air sacs you use recyclable?
- Are there any size restrictions for items within a bespoke hamper?
- Can I amend any information once I placed my flower order?
- Can I freeze rarebit?
- Can I have a bouquet of flowers packed into a hamper?
- Can I order a wedding cake?
- Can I purchase empty wicker baskets?
- Can I recycle your plastic bag?
- Can Stilton be frozen?
- Can you give me the names of your suppliers?