We have been working on removing plastic from our tea bags for the last 18 months. The teas from the Famous House, Green Tea, Classic World and Black Tea with Fruit ranges have moved over to a non-heat seal fibre, plastic-free teabag. These can be disposed of in food waste bins. The teas from the Infusions, Whole Leaf and Odditeas ranges are now packaged in a silky plastic-free pyramid tea bag called ‘Soilon’ made from corn-starch. Customers can dispose of these in their food waste bins. Currently over 70% of these teabags have moved over to ‘Soilon’ and by the end of 2019 this will be 94% of the range as we sell through stocks of existing packaging. Finally we have 3 remaining tea caddy products (and 1 in a gift set) with square tea bags which are not plastic free. We are trialling a new tea bag replacement for these and we hope to have a solution soon: Royal Blend 50 teabags (2002108), the Afternoon Blend teabags decorative caddy (2120410) and Earl Grey classic 50 tea bags (2002128).
Questions in this section
- Are the air sacs you use recyclable?
- Are there any size restrictions for items within a bespoke hamper?
- Are your sparkling teas suitable for vegans/vegetarians?
- Are your sugared almonds suitable for vegetarians/vegans?
- Can I amend any information once I placed my flower order?
- Can I buy flowers in your stores?
- Can I freeze Welsh rarebit?
- Can I have a bouquet of flowers packed into a hamper?
- Can I order a wedding cake?
- Can I purchase empty wicker baskets?