Most of the items sold in our Terminal 5 store can be transported abroad, however, there are restrictions according to the destination. Meat and dairy products, alcohol, preserves and marmalades carry restrictions to destinations outside Europe. For instance you cannot take foie gras to the United States and you cannot take citrus-based products to Australia. Customers can take a limited amount of bottles of alcohol each to a European destination but no alcohol is allowed outside Europe. There are multiple restrictions for Australia and New Zealand. Staff members in the Terminal 5 store will ask customers about their flights to advise accordingly. If customers have any stopovers on the way to their final destination, they must advise staff accordingly so that items can be placed in a secure duty free bag for customers to transport the items. Any preserves/marmalades are considered liquids and will be confiscated if customers have not advised of a stopover.
Questions in this section
- Can I amend any information once I placed my flower order?
- Can I have a bouquet of flowers packed into a hamper?
- How can I check whether something is in stock?
- How long will a flower bouquet last?
- I have received my bespoke hamper however the wicker basket is not the one I selected?
- I have seen a product in store but not online, where might I be able to find it?
- If you have enquiries about a faulty product, please contact our Customer Services Department.
- What are the ingredients of Cherrilossus Biscuits?
- What are the ingredients of the Beef Wellington?
- What can I do if a product I have purchased in store is out of guarantee but it is faulty?